Author Topic: Security Question  (Read 1409 times)

NextChamp

• Members
    • View Profile
Security Question
« on: November 28, 2008, 08:08:58 PM »
I recently received a (legit) E-mail from a poker room blocking my account because it was under investigation.  They wanted me to fax or E-mail private information to verify my account.  I've played on the site for 3-4 years with no problems.  I was wondering if anyone has ever had such an E-mail requesting private information like that.  As of yet I don't plan on sending it, I will play elsewhere but it was my room of choice.

cow344

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Security Question
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 12:38:05 AM »
Yup had it happen to me.  How many times did you withdraw money from them?  <== do not have to give answer  , but I did!

I phoned the site and got one on one with one of their reps.  After feeling it was the real thing I did give the requested info to said person and still have a record of that stored else where as to have in case my info get used in other ways.

So investigate first, set terms for transfer (get as much info from them as to whom you are going to deal with, use excuse you are doing that so transaction will proceed quickly, but keep all gathered info and store in a second place and not just on or in your computer.

If their query is real it will be OK, but if not you got record to go to fraud squad may it be federal, state etc. law enforcement. 

That's what I did.  Good luck and cover your butt.

NextChamp

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 11:54:53 PM »
Thanks Cow.  Yes I withdrew money at least three times with one withdrawal being quite substantial.  I may send the info but I'm in no hurry.  I sent the Security dept. an E-mail expressing my concerns and they replied with the following .........

Dear Mr. XXX,

Thank you for contacting us.

We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the service that we have provided. We do our best effort to provide you with the best and most secure service to be found in the gaming industry.

Sincerely, we apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced on our site and hope to make amends for the future. Thank you so much for letting us know about your disappointment, we try to improve every day and it is with constructive criticism that we achieve it.

In regards to your account please be advised that has been temporarily suspended  because your account is currently being reviewed by our Investigations Team.

Please understand that such investigations are necessary to protect the integrity of our system and provide the best gaming experience possible.

We will be contacting you as soon as the investigation is complete. We would like to take the time to apologize for this inconvenience and we also thank you for your patience and cooperation.

If there is anything else we can assist you with please let us know.

Sincerely,   XXXX

witchywitchy

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Texaswheel
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 11:32:57 AM »

Glad to see a poker room investigating... I do know several poker sites that do random investigations. And there are many sites that require documentation before any cashout is made.

Maybe if AP and UltimateBet had been a bit more attentive in the investigation of accounts, Americans wouldn't be looking to the US government for legislatative protection. What a boost it would be for everyone's feelings about the security and integrity of online poker sites if we could depend upon the poker rooms to do some internal auditing.

NextChamp

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 12:32:51 PM »
FYI This actually is AP.

witchywitchy

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Texaswheel
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 08:37:45 PM »
FYI This actually is AP.

Maybe they learned their lesson

cow344

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 09:53:40 PM »
FYI This actually is AP.

Maybe they learned their lesson

The way 60 MINS went I would say NO!

AP was one for me but I had 2 others ask!  When they do like I posted above cover your ground and make sure you got the actual site!   There are bogus stuff going on.  A Brazilian national made up a legit IRS web page from where he e mailed threatening message do or else and they wanted passport , driver's license, credit card info or bill etc. calling it evidence.

That's why I posted you got to phone!

NextChamp

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 10:30:39 PM »
I've phoned, Live chatted, and E-mailed!  LOL ....and I'm STILL not too thrilled about sending that info.  My luck the U.S. government is involved... threatening sites for info and I'll get busted for "illegal online gambling".  I guess that's just paranoia.  For now I'll sit and wait to see if their investigation will conclude without my help.  If not I know plenty other sites.  I guess if they asked for that info when I requested my withdrawals I would be OK with it but right now I have nothing to gain by giving it to them other than being able to play on AP again.

cow344

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 10:36:36 PM »
I was not pleased but it may snow ball for you and instead of ONE site it may be more.  Also they can get the IRS since they gave you cash so beware there NextChamp!!!

Master P

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 12:06:29 PM »

Glad to see a poker room investigating... I do know several poker sites that do random investigations. And there are many sites that require documentation before any cashout is made.

Maybe if AP and UltimateBet had been a bit more attentive in the investigation of accounts, Americans wouldn't be looking to the US government for legislatative protection. What a boost it would be for everyone's feelings about the security and integrity of online poker sites if we could depend upon the poker rooms to do some internal auditing.

Here Here