Author Topic: What a DONKEY  (Read 3891 times)

underdog140

• Members
    • View Profile
What a DONKEY
« on: December 11, 2008, 12:33:45 AM »
I am in the second round off a shoot out tournament and there is 4 off us left 3 go on to the next round.I am in small blind.The player on the button raises all in.I have enough chips to eliminate him and I have AA so I wait awhile to try and get the player in big blind to call my all in but he don't.Big blind folds.I turn my cards over AA the other player turns his over 5 7 .What a joke.The flop comes with a 7.I don't even have to see the turn comes that the river another 7.F@king donkey wins an all in with 5 7 and  I am down to 8k in chips blinds are 1200.He lost a couple hands later to the chip leader.
Solution to the glass is half full - half empty ......

If you are taken something out of the glass than its half empty if you are putting something in the glass than its half full.. 

underdog140

cow344

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: What a DONKEY
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 01:00:16 AM »
That is the way it goes sometimes!  Hit a flush tonight on the flop and heris takes me out , there was a 10 of diamonds in the flop, he got a 10 for the turn card and a 7 for the river to beat me with a full house!

What can i say sewage happens and (this forum is a good place to vent) that's why man had to invent the toilet to get rid of the sewage.

There always be an other flop and the odds will straighten out in the long run.

royal525

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 04:37:45 PM »
hey i am always being called a donkey when i get lucky but hey thats poker

mightybud6

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 01:11:59 PM »
i know what your saying it seems like i lose 9 out of 10 times with aa to a donkey bet like that i always say im gonna fold aa but for real who can fold all in pre flop with aa its very hard to do.......well good luck at the tables and the stables lol

brojer

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 07:20:21 PM »
I lose about 7 of 10 tournies in that kind of form. Not cause I make a bad play just cause of the donkey move then the other 3 elimnation is my bad play ;) haha

peacemaker

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 05:04:31 PM »
I just lost to two large tournies with aa vs 85 all in preflop??? First time the guy hit a boat. Second time was a straight. ??? It never ends, but this is why a lot of people still prefer live compared to online.

Chevsscamaro

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 09:43:18 PM »
That sound delightfully donkalicious! Just remember that if there werent any donks in poker, we would all be playing against the best the game has to offer on a regular basis!

jimmy6868

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 12:28:25 PM »
If you can't handle beats and donks then you're definitely one of them.  If it wasen't for these wild beasts none of us would be able to make money so take it on the chin man and get over it

underdog140

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 03:14:20 PM »
If you can't handle beats and donks then you're definitely one of them.  If it wasen't for these wild beasts none of us would be able to make money so take it on the chin man and get over it

I was over it long ago buts its alwasy good to vent on a forum instead of
going on tilt or playing bad at the tables.
Solution to the glass is half full - half empty ......

If you are taken something out of the glass than its half empty if you are putting something in the glass than its half full.. 

underdog140

olpaterson

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 04:04:59 PM »
i know what your saying it seems like i lose 9 out of 10 times with aa to a donkey bet like that i always say im gonna fold aa but for real who can fold all in pre flop with aa its very hard to do.......well good luck at the tables and the stables lol

It suck's loosing with aa in crucial spots, Long term I like to think that calling all in's with your aa is going to be a + EV move.  If my AA's get cracked pre in a tournament I find it is best to take a break for a few to avoid tilt.

d1preppuck22

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2010, 06:33:28 PM »
Bodog- guy pushes all in every hand i call with qj after his 5th all in, he has q 2..hits 2 and i lose. biggest donk.

recoveryagent

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 08:30:40 PM »
happens to us all

knight

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 07:57:15 PM »
Nothing suprises me anymore.It does make you mad when it happens at a crucial time.Like they say,thats poker.

TicketMan4u

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2010, 10:17:54 PM »
Everybody wins with AA but me. One time on PokerStars we were well into a tourney when I got AA and when the bets got high I went all-in with about 28K. I had one player stay in who turned over 5 2 off suit. Would you believe he filled a full boat? I couldn't. Now why would anyone well into a tourney risk it all on 5 2 off suit. It don't make sense. Its like he knew what cards were coming next.

TicketMan4u

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2010, 10:31:47 PM »
Sorry, I forgot to fully explain in my previous post. I didn't go all-in until after the flop came 5-2-A giving me my third Ace and him 2 pair. It was his third 5 turning up on the river filling the boat that did me in.