Author Topic: What in the world is going on here...  (Read 4328 times)

Dookdrawls

• Members
    • View Profile
What in the world is going on here...
« on: November 16, 2009, 06:56:30 PM »
Did you all hear about the Georgia schoolteacher who was fired from her job because there were pictures on her personal facebook page that showed her smiling and drinking wine in Europe with fellow teachers on a private vacation.  WOW.  Her facebook page was private and no students were allowed, but of course she allowed her friends, the other teachers to see her page.  And the screwed up thing, is that there were other teacher's in the pictures, but she was the only one to get fired.  What is up.  This is ridiculous.  Now we can't all have the same right's to use Facebook.  I use it and I am not getting fired.  DANG.

Read the story here: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/21586641/detail.html.

Later,
A free people [claim] their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate.

Thomas Jefferson, Rights of British America, 1774

underdog140

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: What in the world is going on here...
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 11:59:43 PM »
What a buch of B.S.

I guess if you a teacher that means Low Pay and No Fun
Solution to the glass is half full - half empty ......

If you are taken something out of the glass than its half empty if you are putting something in the glass than its half full.. 

underdog140

GOLDNSQUID

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 09:21:22 AM »
This is horrible, we need even more government immediately!     ;D
"Politicians never accuse you of 'greed' for wanting other people's money --- only for wanting to keep your own money." [Joseph Sobran]

PFP Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 10:06:23 AM »
My wife is a teacher and they do have some rules for social networking sites. What this teacher did is not a violation of the rules in our county. From the story I heard this teacher was asked to resign and that is what she did. The union in her county would have backed her and the school board would have had to make the decision to fire her. She resigned without and questions that was her own fault. I know several teachers in our county that should not be teaching yet the union fights for them and the district can not fire them.

Dookdrawls

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 07:16:47 PM »
Okay, I understand that the teachers should have certain rules regarding social networking sites, however, this means that the teacher should also have certain rules in their life?  Should they be treated differently from someone who is also an icon figure such as a police officer or a movie star?  I don't know.  I feel like the Bill of Rights applies to all Americans, and should not omit teachers just because they can. 

Later,
A free people [claim] their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate.

asz

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 05:22:19 PM »
wasn't the real issue the matter of contractual obligations having been broken. and yes it is crazy when a adult can not engage or promote a legal activity. be it on a social networking site or in any manner. not found to be illegal.
  but we should consider the fact that we are all contracting away our rights in small ways every day. this is just one more example of how protectionism is eating away at the good sense approach of life.
  so you don't want to see your child's teacher tieing one. then don't look. you don't want your children seeing the said same. then monitor them. yes that's  spend the time it takes to raise right. don't expect the world to raise your child by your value system.
 after all we are suppose to have the right to pursue each of our own ideas of what makes a happy life style. AND A HAPPY IDIOT IS BETTER OFF THAN A STUPID ZEALOT

JUST MY OPINION   PEACE OUT
                                             ASZ

Dookdrawls

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 09:32:35 PM »
WOW!!!! I have marked this on my calendar ASZ, because that is the first thing that you have said that actually makes good sense and I can agree completely with.  Dang. I knew it would happen sometime, I just did not know when!  So we agree.  This time only.   :P

Later,

asz

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 07:22:49 PM »
WOW!!!! I have marked this on my calendar ASZ, because that is the first thing that you have said that actually makes good sense and I can agree completely with.  Dang. I knew it would happen sometime, I just did not know when!  So we agree.  This time only.   :P

Later,

well dookie hold on mister........ cause the thing iS the A.C.L.U. TAUGHT ME THIS!!!!!  MWAHHAHAHAHA SO BEWARE YOU BIG OLE ELEPHANT YOU.........HEHEHHEEE

Dookdrawls

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 01:19:46 AM »
Well then I definitely am not in agreement with you.  LOL.  Maybe next time.  This time was very close though. 

Later,

asz

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 07:25:35 PM »
Well then I definitely am not in agreement with you.  LOL.  Maybe next time.  This time was very close though. 

Later,

aww shucksi almost had you over the fence.  then you smelled the greener side and jumped back. when will you learn the things you want are not what you preach.

ps i am a red neck gurl with a big soft heart for the down trodden and the tired and the hungry. in la-men terms i am real American

peace asz

mikey_leiden

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 11:15:21 PM »

Later,

aww shucksi almost had you over the fence.  then you smelled the greener side and jumped back. when will you learn the things you want are not what you preach.

ps i am a red neck gurl with a big soft heart for the down trodden and the tired and the hungry. in la-men terms i am real American

peace asz

you americans think way to high about ur own people, do you have a big heart when u keep quantanamo bay open?
do you have a big soft heart for the ones that are dying in africa because they are hungry, or have disseases?
NO! the only ones you (as americans) care about is your own health, but more of that your wealth!

that!! is the picture everybody sees of the `real american`

dont get me wrong, i really like americans and america but they (just like the rest of the world) donĀ“t give a shit

asz

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2010, 12:35:15 PM »
hmmm and how many millions did your country send to Haiti ??  how many response teams did they send??  how many orphaned children did they take in..??  and yes i agree we are vain. but as long as it is America to the rescue when the world gets sucker punched by circumstance. then i say maybe we have a free pass on our vanity.

but true we arent the most loved country in the world. but is that not just the price of being the ones who have always been there when the world cries help!!!

peace   asz

mikey_leiden

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2010, 12:43:42 PM »
We have only 15 million ppl here and send over 150 mill.
we have one of the best life saving crews of the world
so that would be ok

no offense to you, america or any americans, because there are not that many
ppl on this world who care about others and only do things for their own profit
only because when something bad happens america is standing with its nose
in their businizz

What do u think that will happen to haiti??
The same that is happening to dubai right now
businis people from around the world will build offices and all kinds of other
buildings malls, bigger houses etc.

That will destroy the economy even more because the money doesnt stay in the
country.....it will be invested in new projects around the world
so that will make the gap between rich and poor even bigger!

asz

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 01:31:24 AM »
wow yall stuff 15 million ppl in that little bitty piece of land.  bravo!! bravo!! now show us how to make weed legal, health care free, and still want to help the rest of the world out, and i will get you a visa.  and you know what?? bet you would be here fast as the jet flies to the land of the free and home of the brave.  america you love to hate it cause your not here.........lol

peace  asz

mikey_leiden

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 09:48:19 AM »
guess you are right about the last thing  :D
The legalisation in weed is allready started in your continent
There is one state or town where weed has been legalized in order
to get more tax money (greedy bitches :-X)

Health care doesnt have to be free!
if everyone pay less health insurence more people
will sign up and pay for it

so its a win win situation