Author Topic: Hold'em Pockets  (Read 2371 times)

MrUnicorn

• Members
    • View Profile
Hold'em Pockets
« on: January 31, 2010, 06:10:31 PM »
So what are the best pockets around? When ever I see Aces I see something like King duce kick the crap out of them. Is there a certain way to go around playing pockets?

For me, it seems, that my best pockets happen to be twos, they usually trip up before the end of hand.

Dookdrawls

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Hold'em Pockets
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 01:01:34 PM »
The best pocket is  2 Aces.  Out of the pocket pair selection, this would be my choice.  However you should realize that even if you get pocket's, it really does not put you at any greater chance to win the hand than any other 2 cards post flop.  So pocket pair should be folded just as any other 2 cards that you get dealt.  The trick is to play the players, not the cards and you will know when you have a strong pocket pair or if you need to just fold your pocket pair. 

Later,
A free people [claim] their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate.

Thomas Jefferson, Rights of British America, 1774

acesup

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 09:12:14 PM »
aa is over bet most of the time ... I don't like them as much as  let say jq or 89 ..just me

Dookdrawls

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 02:07:09 PM »
Yeah. I tend to lose a lot with AA because I end up getting cracked by someone with jq or 89....

This is why it is good to know how to player you are playing against has been playing, if you do not have that information, then why risk all of your money or chips with a hand that is behind if the opponent hit the flop. 

Later,
A free people [claim] their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate.

Thomas Jefferson, Rights of British America, 1774

olpaterson

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 11:47:32 AM »
I find that it is best to raise w/pocket aces if someone has raised before you...occasionally against some players i feel will raise me i might limp pre or utg i might try to set a trap......limping  puts your ace's at high risk

d1preppuck22

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 06:35:32 PM »
obvious answer, AA

play3r211

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 06:30:22 PM »
Out of the pocket pair selection, this would be my choice.  However you should realize that even if you get pocket's, it really does not put you at any greater chance to win the hand than any other 2 cards post flop.  So pocket pair should be folded just as any other 2 cards that you get dealt.

mccloskey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 03:35:34 PM »
of course odds wise its aces they play well agaisnt eveyrthing so if you got a few ppl all in with you holding aces you still stand a heck of a chance as its likely your u against ak qq jj 10s at a psuh whereas if you holding queens you genrally want to be heads up with them.

acesup1984

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 08:30:01 PM »
Aces are normally the first choice in pocket pairs because they are the highest ranked hand but even with aces tread the water carefully dur to the fact that regardless of having aces someone else could have a pocket pair and trip up so then it comes to your reading capabilities i have folded rockets before when i had a bad feeling and they looked extremly strong