Author Topic: Bankroll Management  (Read 3244 times)

Master P

• Members
    • View Profile
Bankroll Management
« on: February 02, 2010, 03:07:13 PM »
I try and follow Chris Ferguson's pro tips for bankroll management which can be found here http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/pro-tip/ChrisFerguson/100. I was just wondering if anyone else would share their own guidelines or opinions involving bankroll management.

olpaterson

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Bankroll Management
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 04:40:28 AM »
When I started playing online poker I followed a lot of the bankroll management guidelines that Chris Ferguson talks about…5% on sng’s 2% on mtt’s and so far it has been pretty successful.  It took a lot of discipline for me to play with less than 5% because the pay is just never good enough unless you hit a big mtt, but it easier to handle the downswings when you’re not cashing.  I still buy in with less than 5% on sng’s and less than 2% mtt’s.  Sometimes if I want to step out of my bankroll and play an expensive tournament I will try to satellite into it that way it won’t hurt the roll.  I feel that it would be very hard for any half decent player to go bust if they followed his guidelines. 
-this is my first post here- ;)

BDesper09

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Bankroll Management
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 01:03:00 AM »
this is totally something i need...i usually play tornis about 20% of my bankroll at a minimal...can get you up big at times, but of course never know when to stop and lose it all