Author Topic: Recognition for the value of members' contributions  (Read 914 times)

Arjonius

• Members
    • View Profile
Recognition for the value of members' contributions
« on: August 20, 2008, 10:49:04 PM »
I posted elsewhere in the past about not liking post count, especially when the standard for having one count is low enough that meaningless posts can easily qualify.  As a corollary to that, I'd like to suggest some form of recognition based on the quality  / value of members contributions rather than simple quantity of posts / activity level.  Maybe something like an invitation-only tournament where a maximum of X members receive invitations, with X being a relatively small number, and where fewer can be invited if ther aren't enough deserving members.  I don't care at all if the invitations are done subjectively.  In fact, that's what I'm suggesting. 

sheepies

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Recognition for the value of members' contributions
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 02:37:24 AM »
Personally I think the credits is really cool. Being able to use your credits to get free poker cash and to get into tournaments is awesome.. I do see where you are comin from a little bit. I atually thought of a way to do something for quality posts, but I havnt yet mentioned it to the main man. I had an idea to give a prize out for the best post of the day, which will be a nice amount of credits. I will talk to him and see what he says when i get a chance.
I Luv Play Poker!!

Hostile2008

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 05:14:03 PM »
being very new here i have to agree that post counts kind of drag things along and promote the use of one line post which are just a way to gain points. So many people lose interest in posting alot but that has to go along with the community that is being posted in. When it starts to bring friends together it can be some thing great

YoYo888

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 01:27:15 AM »
I see what you are saying Arjon, and I totally agree but what it would come down to is mods having to read each post and determine which are more valuable. (very time consuming)
On the other hand if there were a way ( and there may already be)for forum users and readers to rate posts on a scale of 1 to 5 or 10 and thereby use that for determining credits earned,(say, maybe after the post is one week old) that would be a possibile way to lighten the burden on the mods, And still reward members for bringing quality posts rather than a quantity of posts to the forum.
Keep Your String Straight !!!